Merv's First Alberta Spring

Hello everyone it's Merv Lovie your friendly neighbourhood Priddis Greens Equipment Manager. I moved to Calgary to join the Priddis Greens team and have now been working here for 2 months. I was asked to contribute to the Turf Care Blog on a subject about equipment fleet management, however I chose to share my first spring experience here at Priddis Greens.

When I moved from Winnipeg in February there was a lot of snow but everywhere that I could get to there were great views. As the snow started to melt I could see the excitement starting to build in the eye's of the turf care team. The day that the old practice green outside the front of the clubhouse was uncovered and the team was assembled to shovel off the remaining ice / snow and water, I witnessed a passion that I have not seen in a very long time. And then, it snowed, and snowed, and snowed, it seemed like it snowed every day, I thought "oh no, all the hard work, gone to waste", but no, the team responded with " it's Mother Nature, she lets us know when things are right to open, don't worry", what a positive response!

Now that the snow has almost gone and seeing the absolute precise management of man and machine, the team has advised me that "we will open shortly and then we will get another 6" of snow, then we will be good to go". This Turf Care team of professionals is absolutely amazing, and it has all been assembled by James. I am so lucky to be a part of it.

Merv Lovie
Equipment Manager

Comments